Ultimate Cambodia : April 13th to 20th' 2019
It might be one of Southeast Asia’s smallest countries, but Cambodia can compete with the big boys when it comes to must-see sights. Once the preserve of backpackers, this formerly war-torn nation is now firmly established on the Asia travel circuit. The crumbling remains of the Khmer Empire at Ankor Wat is the biggest draw in Cambodia, but that is just scratching the surface of the many beautiful places that this country has in store. After building up a kingdom that stretched into neighboring Thailand and China, the Khmers fell, leaving behind an extraordinary collection of temple complexes, most notably Angkor Wat, which owns the bragging rights to being the largest religious monument in the world. The temples of Angkor are, without a doubt, one of the most mesmerizing sights in Southeast Asia, but there is so much more to Cambodia than Angkor Wat.
See the awesome spires of Angkor Wat and the enchanting faces of the Bayon and get introduced to the mystery and wonder of some of the outer lying temples, and jungle-covered Ta Prohm. Explore palm-fringed beaches and picturesque rural landscapes and get a feel of rural Cambodia. Then there are more typical Southeast Asian attractions – frenetic cities crammed with rickshaws, strange and exotic food, blissful beaches and tropical jungles teeming with wildlife. Experience the bustle of Phnom Phen, take a river cruise at sleepy Kampot, laze on the beaches of Sihanoukville and much more on our unique Cambodian journey.
Cost: Staring Rs 44500/- * per person
Start: Siem Reap
End: Phnom Phen
Start Date: 13th April’ 2019
End Date: 20th April ‘ 2019
Duration: 8 Days
Group Size : Min 5 / Max 10
Theme: Culture, Adventure
– Stroll through the streets of colonial Phnom Penh
– Learn about the recent history of Cambodia with a visit to Tuol Sleng (S21 prison)
– Discover the sights and magnificence of Angkor Wat, the largest temple complex in the world
– Relax on golden beaches of the south
– Experience a local village visit
– Savor mouth-watering Cambodian cuisine
– Experience the life in the floating villages around Tonle Sap Lake
– Explore the countryside and sights of Kampot and Kep
– Take a sunset boat ride at Kampot
Day 1: April 13th – Siem Reap
Arrive in Siem Reap and transfer to the hotel. Later afternoon and evening explore the markets and relish some of the Cambodian dishes including “Amok”, the national dish. Siem Reap is a beautiful small town, ideal for walking around and it’s also the best place for shopping in Cambodia. There are many small local markets, the Angkor Night market, the Central market and the Pasar Chas ( Old market ) where you can find anything from fruits, vegetables, food, clothes, artifacts, souvenirs and much more. After a walking tour of the markets, we could visit the pub street and later dinner. Overnight at Siem Reap.
Day 2: April 14th – Angkor Wat Tour
Today we explore Angkor Wat, the worlds largest religious monument. See the different monuments and temples of the Angkor Complex and know the history behind it from. Visit Angkor Thom, the famous city of Angkor which occupies an area of 9 kilometers and onward to Bayon, the expressive temple with more than 200 smiling faces of Buddha and exploring more temples such as Baphon, Phinmean Akas, elephant terrace and leper king terrace. After lunch visit Taprom the famous jungle temple that was a setting for the movie, Tomb Raider. We finish our tour at magnificent Angkor Wat Temple at sundown. Overnight at Siem Reap.
Day 3: April 15th – Siem Reap to Phnom Penh
After breakfast, we take a bus to Phnom Penh. It takes around 6 hours on the bus and you can see the views of the Cambodian countryside with its paddy fields, farms, and villages. Late afternoon we reach Phnom Penh and after some rest, we explore the Night Market and Mekong Riverside at Phnom Penh. Overnight at Phnom Penh.
Day 4: April 16th – Phnom Penh ( City tour )
After breakfast leave for a day tour to Phnom Penh. Visit the Killing Field and Toul Sleng Genocide Museum to learn about the Khmer Rouge regime and Cambodia’s brutal past. After lunch, we visit the Royal Palace, Wat Phnom and Independent Monument. In the evening we visit Central Market for the architecture, food and to strike up some bargains. Later in the evening, we do walking food tour to savor some Cambodian delicacies. Overnight at Phnom Penh.
Day 5: April 17th – Phnom Phen to Kampot via Kep
After breakfast, we take a private car to Kampot. Kampot once a sleepy riverside town is transforming into a lively tourist destination, with plenty of good restaurants, bars, and music to be found but it still has not lost it charm and laid back vibe. On the way, we stop at Kep to see the beach, the famous Kep crab market and the pepper farms around the countryside. Late afternoon we reach Kampot and later explore Kampot town and in the evening we go an relaxing sunset boat cruise. The peaceful 1.5 hour trip down the river, surrounded by hills, forests and fields along the riverside and the sun setting behind the mountains is a beautiful sight. The boat then stops for some time to see thousands of fireflies glimmering in the dark. Later head back to Kampot for dinner. Overnight at Kampot.
Day 6: April 18th – Sihanoukville
After breakfast, we leave for Sihanoukville while stopping at a waterfall on the way. Sihanoukville is main beach destination in Cambodia and is blessed with white sand beaches and a beautiful coastline. In the afternoon we explore the beautiful Ocheuteal and Independence beaches at Sihanoukville. Evening we spend at the most beautiful beach in Sihanoukville, Otres. There are pubs, bars and casinos in town if you feel like some nigtlife. Overnight at Sihanoukville.
Day 7: April 19th – Sihanoukville
After breakfast, we leave for Phnom Penh and reach by late afternoon. In the evening we visit the riverside and later explore the night market for some last minute shopping. Overnight at Phnom Phen.
Day 8: April 20th – Departure
After breakfast transfer to the airport. End of tour.
– 2 Night stay in Siem Reap, 3 Night stay in Phnom Phen, 1 Nights stay in Kampot, 1 Nights stay in Sihanoukville
– Breakfast on all days ( 7 Breakfast )
– Bus tickets from Phnom Phen to Siem Reap
– Private Vehicle for airport transfers
– Private Vehicle for Phnom Penh to Kampot transfer
– Private Vehicle for Kampot to Sihanoukville transfer
– Guide charges
– Service charges
– Ankor Wat full day tour( Guided Group Tour )
– Phnom Phen City tour ( Private Tour )
– Kampot & Kep full day tour ( Private Tour )
– Sunset Boat Cruise in Kampot
– Flight Charges ( India to Siem Reap AND Phnom Penh to India )
– Single entry Cambodian Visa ( On arrival or Online )
– Any extra excursions and tours other than mentioned
– Entry tickets & Camera charges at sightseeing points ( wherever applicable )
– Dinner & Lunch
– Other than mentioned
- Stay will be in Standard category hotels and Bed n Breakfast places with good reviews on double/twin sharing basis.
- Asian, Western and Cambodian food is available at all places. Siem Reap and Phnom Pehn also have Indian food options.
- Breakfast ( Included ) with me mostly western breakfast at most places
- Private car for Airport transfers
- Bus for Siem Reap to Phnom Penh transfer
- Private car for Kep, Kampot and Sihanoukville
- Car/ Van for group tour transfers
- Cambodian Visa is available on entry at the airport or can be made online ( Your passport must be at 6 least 6 months valid from the date of entering Cambodia )
- Visa can also be made online ( Recommended – as it will save time and hassle on arrival )
- Rs 2000/- Discount ( For returning guests )
- Rs 1500/- Discount ( For 2 to 4 people booking together )
- Rs 3000/- Discount ( For 5 or more people booking together )
For this trip
This tour is for travellers who want to experience and Cambodia beyond Angkor Wat. For the exploring traveler to soak in a bit of culture, adventure, food and the Cambodian experience.
For all our trips
Our small group tours also allow enough time for yourself ( mostly in the evenings ) and the group leaders will assist you too if you need to do your own thing.
Stay and food is a big part of the travel and we make sure you are made comfortable and therefore we choose some of the best-reviewed places to stay and eat.
We try to incorporate more local experiences on our tours with the help of our experienced tour leader and local guides to make your experience even more memorable.
Our tours are not standard sightseeing package tours, it’s more experience-oriented so as to give a real travel value to the guests.
Who are we?
Exotic Expeditions is an experiential based travel company founded in 2010. We are based out of Bangalore and Mumbai and we create uniquely designed tours that have high travel value. We include activities, local interactions, and offbeat destinations so that the guests go back with experiences to remember for a long time.
What are all included in our tours?
A comprehensive list of inclusions and exclusions is mentioned on the respective trip page, but across all our trips, we have these in common: exclusive private transfers, breakfast on most days, good accommodation, unique experiences,
expert guides and an experienced trip leader who’s there to assist you around the clock.
Are flights & visas included in your costs?
No.We don’t include flights and visa costs in our prices unless specified. We, however, will help you with booking flights and getting the visa done.
What is the typical group size?
We believe that a small group is can enjoy the journey better and have closer interactions with the group members, therefore, we restrict our group size to a maximum of 15. Group size typically between 5 and 15. Our travelers are
friendly, open-minded, well traveled and we have a good gender mix on our tours.
Who can join this trip?
Anyone above 18 years of age can join our trips. Participants below the age of 18 must be accompanied by an elder.
Which cities do travelers come from?
Our travelers come from all over India. Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad and Calcutta are represented the most.
What are the payment options?
You can make payments through credit and debit cards, net-banking, cash or cheque. Installment options are also available.
Can solo travelers join one of the tours?
Yes. On most of our tours, we have a high turnout of solo travelers seeking a different travel experience. Many of them even end up becoming friends after the tour.
How safe is it to travel with you?
Your safety is our number one priority and we design our travel journeys keeping this in mind.
- You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Call / whatsapp us at 9986450370
- Bookings can be done by online bank transfer / cash/ cheque or credit / debit card
- Installment options are also available